Do check it out. Click on link for full information. As a parent of two adult children, Mei-Ling and Derek, I wish that this guidance had been available to me at the time they were small! It is gratifying that Derek, now 35, is very much involved in Everyday Feminism, founded by his wife, Sandra, in offering new perspectives on parenting. Immensely useful for parents, no matter what the age of their child/children, and anyone wishing to improve/transform the parent/child relationship. Hope you sign up!
The Transformative Parenting Course
In this 4-month online course, you’ll go through a self-discovery process and learn concrete skills in order to consistently parent from your values.
This parenting course is unlike any other you’ll find. While most parenting guides focus on making the child do what the parent wants, this course instead focuses on who we’re being with our kids and what we’re modeling for them.
This innovative approach to parenting shows up in 5 main ways:
- Parent from the Inside Out: Instead of focusing on children’s behavior, you’ll examine what’s behind your default behavior and discover your inner authentic parent.
- Use Conflict as Opportunities for Connection: Instead of using disciplining tools, you’ll learn to use relational tools to help you to find win-win solutions.
- Share Power With, Not Over: Instead of getting your kids to behave through exerting power over them, you’ll share power with them so your kids feel heard and empowered to develop their own solutions.
- Take the Long View of Parenting: Instead of just focusing on controlling children’s behavior in the now, you’ll focus on modeling feminist ideals of equality, self-love, and social justice for our kids to learn.
- Discover Your Own Way: Parenting isn’t one-size-fits all. It’s a relationship between two unique, different people whose needs and feelings deserve to be acknowledged in the parenting approach.
The fact is parenting is an amazing opportunity for personal growth. By focusing on your internal needs as a parent you will grow as a person – into your true, authentic self.
Through your own transformation:
- Your relationships with your kids, partner, and even peers will start to change too.
- You will develop a confidence that only comes from knowing your inner voice’s truth and blocking out negative messages of self-doubt.
- You’ll learn to enjoy parenting and stop the stressful power struggles that make parenting difficult and tiring.
- Your kids will flourish with the new confidence you’ll be placing on their abilities to live peacefully in a family.
- Your kids will become empowered when you focus on sharing “power with” rather than having “power over” them.
- You’ll enjoy your kids more!
To develop your authentic parenting voice, you’ll learn how to:
- Identify the core values your want to model for and pass on to your children
- Understand your default parenting approach and how to use it to your advantage
- Know what “misbehavior” is and what is really behind how we all act
- Ways to communicate with your kids effectively, especially when they’re upset
- Get back on track when you’re derailed from your parenting path
- Hit the pause button when you feel yourself being triggered
Transformative Parenting combines positive parenting, nonviolent communication, and developmental psychology to create a parenting strategy that works today and for the long-term betterment of you and your child.